Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

Monday, December 31, 2007

The To-Don't List

The kids are going to stay at my parents tonite. Let me explain the real concept, my mother WANTS them to stay over but Kiki will actually do all the hands on attentive stuff. Seriously. Now, my mother & I haven't spoken a word since August so in order for this visit to even happen my sister has to be the go between. Sad no? They live 3 blocks away & because of God we need a third party to set up time with her grandkids. Anywho... my mother truly believes that she is all knowing & any one (especially one of her daughters) that challenges her ideas is just looked down upon. I mean, way far down. So last night my sister who is at my house no less than 4 days a week gave mom the rundown on what to get for the kids to eat. well, this was offensive because mom has fed children since the stone ages since long before MY kids were ever even a thought & therefore she "knows" what kids eat. I could say well I live with 3 so I know what kids eat too except that any parent with a few kids will tell you thats a crock. There are standard stereotypical kid foods but all kids are different with their weird prefrences & such. So anyway, my mother rattled off the kids OLD food likes because they do change just like adults & then quietly realized she should listen to someone that actually is involved in their lives actively rather than making a monthly appearance.

Out of this visit stemmed a to-don't list. Grammie wants the girls over but:

-she wasn't sure if she'd make it to the store today so my sister should do that.

-wants to spend time with them but ASSumed they'll go to bed around heh) 7pm

-wants to make them breakfast but isn't getting up early

-might be gone in the morning so my sister was already alerted to the fact that she'd be on duty

-isn't going outside with them & chasing them around the yard

I'm sure there's more but, wow. That really is enough isn't it? Is it really so hard to put aside your own personal prefrences for 12 hours to not only cater to your grandkids, but to make it fun??

On a good note, I've been uploading a Christmas concert video of B to You Tube for hours today. It's almost done so it'll be up here later :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home